[OSM-talk] German Shapefile, federal states?

Torsten Mohr tmohr at s.netic.de
Fri May 1 09:30:40 BST 2009

Hello Juan,

thanks a lot for that link, it looks like this is exactly what i was searching
for.

Also, the hint to use a program like qgis was great, thanks to all your
hints.

It took me a while to find out that the "scale" of the data in PostGIS and
in shoreline_300 are different to the "scale" in "germany.shp".

QGIS renders both with these settings:
+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs

But the Polygons in "germany" are drawn at lat / lon 0 / 0, on the equator
before Africa.

Do i need to change that settings to make the Polygons match?

> Where do you want to draw that map?
I'm not sure if i understand you corectly, i want to render a huge map of
Germany using the data in PostGIS.  But i want to show the federal states
in different colors.

Best regards,
Torsten.