[OSM-talk] How to best do Bulk Changes (XAPI troubles)

Patrick Weber p.weber at ucl.ac.uk
Mon May 4 16:22:37 BST 2009

Hi

I have a dataset of official spelling luxembourgish village names, as
well as what council each village belongs too. Because I couldnt filter
the API down to only nodes with place tags, I downloaded using the XAPI
all place nodes for Luxembourg, and been able to import the XML data
into a GIS (Manifold), and generate the updated "name:lb" and "is:in"
tags.  Trouble is now, altough I planned to simply write a script to
generate a valid changeset XML to then upload to the API, now with I
dont have the version information, as it wasnt included in the XAPI ?

First, is this a omission or intended that XAPI doesnt carry the version
info? Secondly, how can I get OSM data which contains the version info?
And finally, does anyone have advice on an easier way of generating bulk
changes like this? (I am talking about 400 changes).

Cheers
Patrick