[OSM-talk] Languages

Donald Allwright donald_allwright at yahoo.com
Thu May 7 13:04:38 BST 2009

>Imagine that you plan a business trip to Tel-Aviv and want to print yourself a map of the city. Or maybe you'll be spending a week in Cairo. Can you not see the benefit in having a map with the street names in a different language than the one on the sign?

In that case  I'd want something that told me how to pronounce the name of the street but written in my own alphabet, rather than what the name of the street actually means - just like at Japanese railway stations. But maybe this is nothing more than a limitation of the "Mountain Road" example.

Donald