[OSM-talk] intermittent streams

James Stewart j.k.stewart at ed.ac.uk
Thu May 7 17:57:38 BST 2009

I cannot find any note in the documentation for intermittent streams.
Usually they are marked with a dashed blue line. Has anyone discussed
this, or uses a tagging system (I cannot find anything in tag watch).
Do we need type= intermittent, perennial , ephemeral, with the default
being Perennial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perennial_stream
The same would apply to ditches, and even some rivers.

The renders could then pick up on this and render in the usual way.

Since I am a mountain biker, intermittent streams become excellent
descents in the summer :-)  (and some paths become streams in winter)

James

Dr James Stewart
Research centre for Social Sciences
Institute for the Study of Science, Technology and Innovation
University of Edinburgh

t: +44 131 650 6392
skype:jameskstew2

http://homepages.ed.ac.uk/jkstew/
LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesks
http://www.issti.ed.ac.uk

  ***Mobile Phones, Cigarettes for the 21st Century***

"The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336."

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.