[OSM-talk] Import of Chicago Bicycle data.

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Fri May 8 05:17:42 BST 2009

As far as I know, we have no system in place for reporting diffs to a
data contributor.  We also have no system in place for merging in an
updated import.  If, on the other hand, he wanted to use OSM tools for
editing his data, we can output it as a shapefile back to him.  It's
really just a question of where he wants the canonical data to
reside.  If I had to guess, I'd say that he would be willing to give
us repeated data dumps, but what we do with them is our problem. Just
a guess.  I may be wrong.

Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - Twitter: Russ_OSM - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson