[OSM-talk] can you give me some feedback about a site...

Yves Buscema buscema at yahoo.fr
Sat May 9 16:11:48 BST 2009

Hello,

I'd like to have your feedback about a project I'm working on. The idea is to give a search engine for tourism/leisure related item. The data are in a specific database (for easy query and for specific information but they come from OSM (you can see it when you click on the description under a poi, you will see who create the node in OSM). the site allows you to search for POI according to what you set in your profile (click on your name on the top right corner) or in the advance search options. The system handle translation (in fact actually only two languages... because I only speak two languages... but there is just a resource file to translate to get a new language) and you can say wich languages you are talking... You can also evaluate a poi and give comments on it (and translate your comments or comments from others...).

You will find details about the project at http://jamav.dynalias.com/JAMAV/presentation.htm

The site itself is available at http://jamav.dynalias.com/JAMAV/login.php

You have to register on the site (you will find the reason on the presentation pages). To really make your opinion on the site you should (define your language, your criteria and your default map). But if you don't want to, you can use the login/password osm/osm to view the site.

There are a lot more for me to say about the site... but I don't want to bother you with it... so do not hesitate to ask questions

Thanks for your feedback

Yves