[OSM-talk] Corine Land Cover becomes a potential OSM data source...

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 10:32:08 BST 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
<ajrlists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Pieren,
>
> A new OSMF Working Group is being formed to support groups and individuals
> with the import of new public and private data. I've copied SteveC who will
> be leading the group so that your email reaches the new groups radar.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

Thanks for your reply. I think we are exactly in this case.
Once we agree which layers will be imported and the tag mapping, we
can easily convert the data to osm format.
But we are facing the problem of how to detect and resolve the
conflicts with existing landuse data in OSM which are usually (but not
always) more accurate (Yahoo imagery or french cadastre).
I know we are not the first country having this problem and we would
like to know how it was solved with other mass imports.

Pieren