[OSM-talk] Yahoo has very bad resolution images of Croatia, why?

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Sat May 16 20:19:14 BST 2009

2009/5/16 Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>:
> I'm living in Osijek in eastern part of Croatia, a town with
> approximately 100,000 people. And if you look Osijek on Yahoo
> satellite view you will see it really bad low resolution:
> http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=45.551444&lon=18.69127&zoom=14
>
> I found only two towns in Croatia that have a high resolution images;
> Zagreb (capital of Croatia) and Rijeka.
>
> For comparison I looked at Hungary and similar sized towns to Osijek I
> was surprised that they all have high resolution images, and not only
> towns but also almost all villages I looked at were in high
> resolution.

According to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Aerial_Imagery/Coverage
only Budapest is covered with high resolution pictures in .hu, the
page might need updating (you might want to add Rijeka also), but
generally only small villages that are close to a big, or for other
reasons important, city are available in high resolution.

Cheers