[OSM-talk] Yahoo has very bad resolution images of Croatia, why?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun May 17 00:55:45 BST 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 1:50 AM, andrzej zaborowski <balrogg at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/17 Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>:

>>> According to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Yahoo!_Aerial_Imagery/Coverage
>>> only Budapest is covered with high resolution pictures in .hu, the
>>> page might need updating (you might want to add Rijeka also), but
>>> generally only small villages that are close to a big, or for other
>>> reasons important, city are available in high resolution.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>

>> Pecs ih Hungay is in high-res:
>> http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=46.074824&lon=18.226571&zoom=17
>>

>> Kaposvar;
>> http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=s&lat=46.36273&lon=17.796989&zoom=15
>>
>> I didn't all towns in Hungary but Pecs is a bit bigger that Osijek,
>> and Kaposvar is much smaller that Osijek in Croatia.
>>
>> Do Hungarians have some special treatment? ;)
>>
>> Any special reason why Yahoo would pay for to get areal photography
>> for small towns and villages in Hungary and not for other countries?
>
> They have a delicious Gulasch :)
>
> Thanks for updating the wiki

I knew it! ;)

Ah, too bad that yahoo doesn't have as high resolution images as google :(
I know few mappers in Croatia who are tempted to use Google maps for
mapping, and if Yahoo had better maps they could use them with no
problems...

Does anybody have some Yahoo insight info - will they get higher
resolution images? They have money to do it, I guess money is no
problem for a company like Yahoo. Am I wrong?

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic