[OSM-talk] Yahoo has very bad resolution images of Croatia, why?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon May 18 10:38:18 BST 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Colin Marquardt
<cmarqu42 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/17 Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com>:
>> That is why we are dependent on Yahoo to provide maps and that is why
>> some of them are looking at google maps even if they shouldn't :(
>
> That sounds pretty scary. How about... just *going* there? That was
> the idea all along.
> (For quite some months I was the only guy who had done something on
> Cres, and I just collected the data myself back then, with a cheap GPS
> logger.)
>
> Cheers
>  Colin

I'm doing my best to spread OSM love :) Take look at Osijek (eastern
part of Croatia) not and rewind 12 months back, you will see a huge
difference. Also look at Zagreb, the guys in Zagreb really did a
marvelous job on celaning out TONS of errors.

The ball got rolling and it wont stop, but we will take any help we
can get - and that incluedes better yahoo images.

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic