[OSM-talk] Corine Land Cover becomes a potential OSM data source...

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:14:43 BST 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Steve Singer <ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Pieren wrote:
>
> For the Canadian GeoBase road import I've been using a plugin to JUMP called
> RoadMatcher[1] to that detects common roads between two datasets. I've then
> been excluding ones that aren't likely to not cause conflicts.
>
> A few more details at:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geobase_NRN_-_OSM_Map_Feature

Wow, this looks really promising. During the time of the original
import a tool like this was discussed but we didn't know if it existed
and didn't want to write it ourselves. However, for future reference
it would be *really* nice to be able to automatically generate diffs
between OSM and external datasets and be able to "merge" them somehow.

I'm thinking of the interface where the two dataset appear next to
eachother with differences higlights and you can select which one is
"correct".

Have a nice dat,