[OSM-talk] [Talk-de] Post SOTM: Mapping Party and Accommodation in Germany

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Tue May 19 10:33:08 BST 2009

As there has been only few feedback, crosspost to "talk-de" regarding
the mapping party question...
To falk-de: sorry for englisch.

Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Immediately after SOTM I plan to take a trip for two weeks or so through
> Germany and then down into the Alps. Back in the 1980s I stayed in
> Münstertal in the Black Forest, just south of Freiburg. Looking at that
> area it's partially mapped but I do know that there were more footpaths
> (hiking trails) in the area.
>
> So firstly, is anyone interested in a mapping party sometime during the
> week of July 13th?
>
> Secondly (and apologies for being off topic) I have a couple of questions
> about accommodation and travel in Germany. In the UK (as you may know)
> there is bed and breakfast accommodation in private houses, typically
> costing £20-40 a night. Is there similar style accommodation in Germany
> and is it bookable via the web?
>
> Thirdly, is there some sort of equivalent for Inter Rail for over 25s
> which allows you unlimited rail travel in all, or selected countries of,
> Europe for two weeks?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

If you are close to Munich on 2009-07-21: the monthley OSM meeting takes
place:
   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/M%C3%BCnchen/Treffen
Not a mapping partz but zou could meet some of the Munich mappers.

Best regards,
Michael.