[OSM-talk] How to contribute new tag and symbol?

Adam Schreiber sadam at clemson.edu
Thu May 21 17:42:41 BST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Ingo Lantschner
<listen2007 at lantschner.name> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I created a symbol and some rules for the key/value "tourism/
> apartment". How can I contribute this symbol (svg) and the rules to
> the official  osm-map-features-z17.xml?

I think you need to find a different key than apartment.  It seems you
want to tag an extended stay hotel from the description:

Rental (business) suites; aimed toward medium- or long-stay guests.
Also called "extended stay hotels", "serviced apartment",
"Ferienwohnung", "self-catering-apartment"

, but in the US apartment is used to describe any rental unit in a
building with other rental units whether they are flats, townhomes, or
a mixture of the two.  The wikipedia article you linked in the
description uses apartment as I indicated and not as you described.

> A description for this node is here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tags#References

This is the incorrect link.

Cheers,

Adam