[OSM-talk] zones for motorway/in town/outof town?

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Sat May 23 20:37:10 BST 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 12:08:53AM +0100, Radomir Cernoch wrote:
> Guenther Meyer píše v Čt 21. 05. 2009 v 00:51 +0200:
> > Am Wednesday 20 May 2009 schrieb Jacek Konieczny:
> > > That would not work very well in Poland. Town/city/village
> > > administrative border usually differ from the "built up zone" borders.
> > right. the same in germany.
> > that's why we nedd to different zones:
> > one like zone:traffic=... for speed limits and other legalities,
> > and one, let's call it zone:administrative=... for the administrative border.
>
> Hi, this sounds reasonable. But is there a difference between
> "boundary=administrative" and "zone:administrative=*"?

I think "boundary=administrative" could be used together with some
"zone=*" tag, like "bridge=*" may be used with "highway=*" or "railway=*".
The same "zone=*" could be used with different entities (most probably
polygons, which are not administrative, but I can imagine using that for
single way or relations too).
Other thing is what "zone=*" would mean…

Greets,
        Jacek