[OSM-talk] How big of an SD card should I get for Openstreetmap work

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Sat May 30 23:09:08 BST 2009

El Sábado, 30 de Mayo de 2009, Paul Houle escribió:
> I just got a Garmin Etrex Vista HCx that I'd like to use for viewing
> Openstreetmaps and for creating tracks I can upload.  I'm about to buy
> an SD card for this:  how big of a card do I need to hold Openstreetmaps?

AFAIK, the biggest microSD card that you can put into an eTrex is a 2 GB card
(the bigger microSD-HC cards won't work). You can have them for less than
five bucks nowadays, so go buy one.

I held onto a 1 GB card since I bought an eTrex - OSM maps for Spain spend
less than 50 MB of space; and the rest of the card can hold *months* worth of
GPX tracks.

Cheers,
--

http://ivan.sanchezortega.es
Proudly running Debian Linux with 2.6.29-2-amd64 kernel, KDE 3.5.10, and PHP
5.2.9-3 generating this signature.
Uptime: 00:01:51 up 5 days, 10:49,  5 users,  load average: 2.03, 1.52, 1.12