[OSM-talk] polyshp2osm.py

nmixter at runbox.com nmixter at runbox.com
Sun May 31 01:22:58 BST 2009

I'm trying to run the polyshp2osm.py script on a shapefile I converted to
4326 format using ogr2ogr. I copied the script and all three files created
by ogr2ogr in the c directory.

I try to run from the command prompt and from within python but nothing
happens.

python c:\polyshp2osm.py -s 10 -o 40000 -l osm/open C:\Zoning.shp.

Do you need to be in a certain directory first? Isn't it supposed to create
additional files that can be uploaded into osm? I tried it with a modified
script and with the original script with the same result. I keep getting a
syntax error in python. I'm not sure what the 'osm/open' is for. Is that a
command or a directory that needs to be replaced with where the files are
going? Anyone have any suggestions or tips?