[OSM-talk] Illegal activity

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:01:51 GMT 2009

2009/11/1 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> I don't like this thread because it could leave the impression that
> tracing on orthophotos is not a copyright infringement. Unfortunately,
> it is. People are mixing factual data visible on a picture like "the

Actually it doesn't have anything to do with copyright because you
aren't copying anything. To be copyright infringment you would have to
be reproducting a near copy of the origininal.

In this case people are talking about deriving from a copyrighted
image which might go against terms of service which might be deemed a
breach of contract.