[OSM-talk] Illegal activity

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sun Nov 1 22:20:07 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Jukka Rahkonen
<jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:
> Anthony <osm <at> inbox.org> writes:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard <at> systemed.net>
> wrote:
>> > Copyright infringement is nothing to do with it, as per Bauman vs Fussell,
>> > Antiquesportfolio vs Fitch, etc.
>> >
>> > The question is whether it's breach of contract (ToS).
>>
>> That is a question for the person who signed the contract to worry about.
>
> If you use Google Earth with your computer you are the person who signed the
> contract :)

Well, I don't, so I'm not.  As for other people's ToS violations while
making OSM maps, I care about them as much as I care about people's
speed limit violations while making OSM maps.  Not at all.  If
"Copyright infringement is nothing to do with it", then the
contribution itself isn't tainted.