[OSM-talk] fonts feature for josm and potlach

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Nov 3 03:38:14 GMT 2009

hi,

apart from the supported languages, there is no way at present to see what is
entered when using, for example, Indian scripts to enter names of features in
JOSM. All we can see is little boxes. I have tried out other java
applications, and by selecting the correct font, I am able to see the output.
If JOSM had a feature whereby one can select the font for input, it would be a
great help. I am also translating JOSM into indian languages, but given that
there are 4000 strings and highly technical ones too, this is going to take
some time. Of course one can always open the osm file in a text editor and
check the input - but that is very roundabout. (The same feature would be nice
in potlatch too where we face the same problem)
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves