[OSM-talk] Suggestion for JOSM

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:51:38 GMT 2009

2009/11/3 Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>:

> 2009/11/3 John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>
>>
>> Gimp lets you plot freehand or if you hold shift will do a straight
>> line, I'm sure there is a number of modifiers that would make a free
>> hand mode useful...
>
> Gimp is a bitmap-based-programm. As I pointed out: nearly all vector-based
> programms offer freehand-modes (Adobe Illustrator, Ex-Macromedia Freehand,
> Flash, ...) but they are not useful when it comes to precise drawing.

It doesn't matter if it's vector or raster, we're essentially talking
about plotting points and having those points joined by a line/way,
the point is it's just a data entry method, and as I said even gimp
can draw a precise line.

If you don't want to use such a features that's your pejorative, there
is plenty of features I don't use in JOSM, but other people would like
the option of being able to do this.