[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal "Covered"

Randy rwtnospam-newsgp at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 02:23:32 GMT 2009

Pardon me if this ends up here more than once. This is my third attempt to
get it here, and so far neither of the others have appeared. My newsreader
was acting sort of crazy so it'll be my luck for all of them to pop up
here in another five minutes.;-(

Tagging: covered=yes
Applies-to: node, way, area
Definition: denote that a node, way, or area is covered.

at one layer is covered by an object at a higher level. However, there are
many cases where, for example, a building which has a significant
footprint at one layer may have a way passing under it which cannot
appropriately be cast as at a lower layer.

In addition, it is proposed to use "covered" to indicate ground or water
coverage when an object is buried or submerged.

Please provide comments at tagging@ or on the discussion page of
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/covered.

Thanks,
--