[OSM-talk] planet coverage of cloudmade's cycle map

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Nov 5 10:42:00 GMT 2009

On Thu, November 5, 2009 19:13, Roman Neumüller wrote:
> Is there a timeline for the coverage of cycle map for the whole planet?
> I noticed that South-East Asia (China, Indonesia and maybe others too)
> are still not covered yet... a reason was given on irc: missing SRTM data
> and missing Asian fonts...

Last time I looked it was all there.  The roads are drawn, but the names
are rendered as squares for each character unless there is an English
name.

I'm a little confused about this blue square in Korea though:

<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=35.6&lon=128.13&zoom=8&layers=00B0FTF>

The blue tinge is present at many zoom levels.

I have noticed that sometimes I get a blank map, or blank maps at certain
zoom levels, or blank tiles.  If I refresh, or come back later, it's all
good.

Andrew