[OSM-talk] Potlatch, dual carriageways, and a broken changeset

Michal Migurski mike at stamen.com
Fri Nov 6 22:40:14 GMT 2009

Hi,

I just used Potlatch to split a single-carriageway road into a dual
carriageway. I thought I had done it correctly, and saved my work at.
Everything made it through except the two new carriageways - why is
that?

Here's the changeset:

What I did: selected Market St from about 18th St or so down to the
water (http://osm.org/go/TZNQtBDQ-- ), used Potlatch "parallel ways"
command, and restitched all the connected roads to the new pair. I
copied the tags from the old road to the new ones, added oneway tags,
and deleted the old road. Then I saved the whole changeset. Everything
went through except for the new ways, why? I did notice that Potlatch
had them rendered in red this whole time but I wasn't sure what that
meant. Help!

I'm going to fix the problem by manually filling in the new ways in a
new changeset, but I'm not sure what the appropriate TIGER tags should
be, as well as an affected cycle network relation.

-mike.

michal migurski- mike at stamen.com
                  415.558.1610