[OSM-talk] Why do you use Google Maps instead of OSM? Because of buildings...

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Sat Nov 7 00:15:36 GMT 2009

On Friday 06 Nov 2009 10:38:54 pm Ed Avis wrote:
> Their web person said, we used to use OSM, but when we moved to our new
>  office we found the map showed it in the middle of a desolate
>  area.  Nearby there are some buildings, but in our street (Wharf Road in
>  the centre of the map) none are shown.  That makes it look like we are in
>  the middle of nowhere.  Google Maps, on the other hand, doesn't show any
>  buildings at all, so it's not confusing.

the osm way would be to get some members of the NGO to complete the map of
their area ;-) Whenever I attend a meeting called by anyone, I try to complete
the map of the area and make sure the building in question is mapped before I
turn up. (which means going a little early in places where there is no
satellite imagery)
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves