[OSM-talk] Potlatch vs Twitter

Mon Nov 9 10:13:23 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Twitter-using OSMers can now (as of Potlatch 1.2e) tweet their edits.

If you punch your Twitter ID and password into Potlatch's options
screen[1], you'll have the option for your comments to be posted to your
Twitter account whenever you save a changeset.

The tweet includes an OSM shortlink, so others can see your location;
and the #osmedit tag, because I didn't think those who look at #osm
would appreciate being overwhelmed by a bunch of edits.

Knock yourselves out. :)

cheers
Richard

[1] Privacy stuff: Your ID and password are remembered on your local
machine as a cookie (well, Flash's Local Storage), and not saved on
osm.org. Twitter currently prevent Flash clients from connecting
directly, though have said they're going to relax this. Until then, the
posting needs to go via a proxy script on dev.openstreetmap.org. TomH
has looked at this and is happy, I trust, that it's not doing anything
evil like harvesting passwords.