[OSM-talk] Direct upload GPX to osm from iPhone

bernhard bz at datenkueche.com
Tue Nov 10 11:51:04 GMT 2009

hi
>> I'm working on a GPS tracker for iPhone and Android.
>>
> Cool! What will it be able to do? Show OSM-Map-Tiles in Background? Show
> where you already have been?

Yes, leaves a visible trace on tiles.
It's simply a webpage you can load with iphone (not an application).
You can see a prototype here:

*recorder:
http://tinyurl.com/y8j325e

list of gpx files:
**http://tinyurl.com/ycwlh7q

There is no userinterface. If you reload the page, all data are uploaded.
**No Android, no windows mobile.

**No privacy at the moment!!!
No possibility to delete GPS data!!!

*

>> Does OSM provide something like openid for mobile devices.
>>
> It provides OAuth: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Oauth
> Maybe this is what you're looking for.

Cool.
I have to register an account at
http://oauth.dev.openstreetmap.org
Isn't that a bit strange?
Now I have 3 OSM accounts. Shouldn't this project make things easier?

Bernhard