[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Addressing Question

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 04:26:43 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
>

>> On the other hand, putting the information directly on the way would
>> be problematic for many reasons.  Ranges might span multiple ways, and
>> right/left has to be reversed whenever the way is reversed being the
>> most troublesome.
>>
>> this is enough reason to stay away from such a scheme. if it's too
> difficult no one will use it or they will break the data.
>
> This scheme works for all of the places that I'm sourcing data from... they
have line segments that are tagged with the left/right-begin/end addresses.
Each road is broken up into line segments that have different address
values. When this is converted to OSM ways, each way has its address data
intact from the source information.

That being said, I do see your point about reversing the order of the way...