[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Addressing Question

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 22:14:29 GMT 2009

2009/11/12 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM, andrzej zaborowski <balrogg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Every single country has different addressing rules, it's not like
>> this particular scheme is special.  That's why someone came up with a
>> tagging scheme that can express all or most of these rules
>
> They did?  What scheme is that?

There are cases with Karlruhe Scheme that need addditional tags like
Czech addresses but I haven't heard of such cases from US or other
mappers.

> Is there a reason you're ignoring the fact that potential addressing
> is used in many places outside the US?

Ian hasn't (yet) mentioned whether this data he deals with contains
potential address ranges or actual ranges, so I assumed actual.  I
agree it may be useful to have the potential assigned range in the db,
too, using whatever tagging (or in a separate db, since this is not
stuff "on the ground").

Cheers