[OSM-talk] SPAM-User "bremeninsider"

Peter Herison pherison at web.de
Sat Nov 14 13:12:01 GMT 2009

Tom Hughes schrieb:
> On 14/11/09 11:53, Peter Herison wrote:
>> http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=45959
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/bremeninsider/diary
>> This userpage is advertising different hotels, hotelgroups or hotel
>> reservation sites.
>> Plaese delete!
> It's already been discussed - the problem is that we don't have the
> technology to delete individual diary entries at the moment.

Then we should improve our technology. :)

> Normally with diary spammers I would just delete the account but in this
> case he appears to be a genuine user who has been making edits to the
> map and has also been making some misguided diary entries so I'm
> reluctant to delete the account.
> Note that all references to "delete" above refer to logical deletion
> where the item is marked as deleted and hence hidden rather than actual
> deletion of any data in the database.

I'm aware of this. Dealing with databases and restraints I know that a
simple "delete" would result in inconsistent data.

So sone idea comming in my mind are:
- block the user (what wouldn't help very much as I'm expecting that the
account is already inactive)
- delete the content of the userpage without deleting the account itself
- create a "deleted user"-account and move all edits to this account to
preserve the integrity of the database. This account could be used as a
collection for all edits of useraccounts which have been decided to be
deleted.