[OSM-talk] Getting roles of relation's members in PostGIS using osm2pgsql

Ciprian Talaba cipriantalaba at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 19:58:33 GMT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to do some work with the public transport network, and for that
I need to get the roles (forward/backward mainly) of the route members as
attributes of ways(lines) in PostGIS. I am using osm2pgsql and I hoped to
get this done by modifying the default style. I have added a new line in the
style file "way   role    text    linear" but this is not working (maybe
it's obvious why not for some of you).

Also I was looking at the osm2pgsql source code and I saw that getting
information about the cycling network is treated separated in the code (in
output-pgsql.c), and I was thinking of doing the same for public transport.

Do you know if there is a way for doing this with the style, or I have to
dig more in the code? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ciprian