[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Karlruhe Scheme addressing ways from 2009TIGER data

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Mon Nov 16 16:20:11 GMT 2009

> So please, turn away from imports and work on getting mappers in
> charge, especially out pounding the streets. The outcome will be much,
> much better in the end, and that end will come much, much quicker.

  The 'Quicker' part will always be debatable; I put in many hours on fixups
and the end result of the number of miles of properly routable interstate,
state, and county highway is much much greater than what I could have
produced from scratch with only aerial images.

   There is an issue of "community" in the US and how to get it going in
general across the US.   There are areas in the US with more active
communities, but I can count the number of active mappers in my state on one
hand.   I doubt TIGER has anything to do with this.