[OSM-talk] how to make renderd.py render more than 18 levels

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 18 23:44:41 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 06:58 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> hi,
>
> I edited renderd.py and changed MAX_ZOOM=20 and levels=20. But it is still not
> rendering more than 18 levels - where else do I change it? I am using
> mod_tile.

I tried the plain C renderd and it looked like it was working at zoom 20
with the changes from the patch you supplied.

If have updated to the very latest mod_tile code then I suspect the
problem is nothing to do with the zoom range. It is that the renderd.py
has not been updated to understand the two new types of request:
priority & bulk. At the moment all these requests are being dropped by
the python code.

You might want to downgrade your code back to before r17688 which added
these two new render commands & rebuild.

We should probably rev the protocol version because of the new enum
values.

	Jon