[OSM-talk] Reverting a changeset

Someoneelse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Sat Nov 21 01:19:06 GMT 2009

Andrew Errington wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I *think* I deleted a road as part of this changeset:
>
> 3172878
>
> Is it possible to revert the changeset?  It covers a large area, but it's
> actually only a few nodes far apart from each other.

This way perhaps?
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/44676370/history

Looking at the first node:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/436520557

going into Potlatch via "edit", hitting "u" and then moving northwest,
it does look like a road has been deleted.

Rather than reverting the whole changeset it might be easier for you to
unlock the undeleted the way and then trim off the duplicate bits in
Potlatch, before continuing mapping as before.

Cheers,
Andy.