[OSM-talk] Isn't it time for a higher zoom level?

Peter Childs pchilds at bcs.org
Sat Nov 21 06:48:40 GMT 2009

2009/11/20 Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>:
> On Saturday 21 Nov 2009 4:59:47 am Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
>> On Saturday 21 Nov 2009 2:14:35 am Arlindo Pereira wrote:
>> > Probably this should be targeted for a more specific list like mapnik-,
>> > but I'd like to hear (er, read) what do you think about this matter.
>>
>> http://xlquest.net
>>

> oops - http://xlquest.net/?zoom=20&lat=12.94659&lon=80.13845&layers=B
> --
> regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves
> Senior Project Officer
> NRC-FOSS
> http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/

If we had an application, that could read osm and render on the fly we
could have any zoom level we like, including zoom levels between zoom
levels, (ie vector graphics)

In theory Potlatch already does some of this, buts it written to enter
data not render the map, so its not the purpose it was meant for.

Such an application could do lots of extra stuff such having a
plugable coordinate system, (so we can have better maps of the poles
etc)

Just wish I had time to do something. (Which I don't)

Peter.