[OSM-talk] Damage

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Sun Nov 22 13:59:54 GMT 2009

Dave F. wrote:
> Chris Hill wrote:
>
>> I have found some edits by LenoXx
>> <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/LenoXx> which were damaging.  They
>> look like random changes by someone who didn't realise they were
>> actually changing the data.
>>
> The History lists his as version 1.
> Did he create the outline or has it been split from a larger way?
>
> If he did create it, I think it's a bit strong to call it damage & if
> it's split it should be rejoined.

It is a closed riverbank way, so where exactly would it be joined to?
The tags I removed (in the history) are a pretty good clue that that it
was either experimental or vandalism, either way it damaged a good way.
It is version 1 probably because of they way it was edited. I know it is
not a new way because, as I said, I know the area.

Chris