[OSM-talk] Seeing only my traces in JOSM ?

vegard at vegard.engen.priv.no vegard at vegard.engen.priv.no
Mon Nov 23 14:44:06 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 02:32:41PM +0000, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
> > In Potlatch, 'Shift+g' shows only your traces and 'g' show all the
> > traces (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potlatch/Keyboard_shortcuts).
> > But the same shortcuts don't work in JOSM and nothing similar is listed
> > in http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Shortcuts. Is there a way to do
> > that or should I file a wishlist bug for JOSM ?
>
> You can load your traces from local files. If you then don't download
> the public traces (or hide the layer if you do) you'll only see them.

My workflow is,, roughly:

1) Load my own traces into josm, those that I intend to map from today.
2) Download both GPS data and map data from OSM. Make sure to tick the "download as
new layer", so that the GPS data is not mixed with yours.
3) Change the color for my own GXS tracks, so that I see what is my own and what is downloaded.
4) If things get too cluttered from GPS points, it's easy to hide the downloaded GPX points and just see your own.
5) After you're done with a GPX, upload it to OSM. It's good to have as a source
reference.
--
- Vegard Engen, member of the first RFC1149 implementation team.