[OSM-talk] Path vs footway vs cycleway vs...

Renaud MICHEL r.h.michel+osm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 09:48:36 GMT 2009

Le samedi 28 novembre 2009, Steve Bennett a écrit :
> 1) In the parks near me, there are lots of paths, which I guess were
> probably intended for pedestrians, but cyclists use them too.
> Sometimes paved, sometimes not. I've been tagging them "highway=path,
> bicycle=yes" (to be safe).

If you use highway=path and not highway=footway, then you should also add
foot=yes (or even foot=designated if appropriate).
If I understand correctly
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway=path
adding a bicycle=yes to a highway=path means that only bicycles are allowed
(whereas highway=path alone would mean "any non-motorized vehicle").

--
Renaud Michel