[OSM-talk] Path vs footway vs cycleway vs...

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 10:06:20 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > IMHO "Don't piss off the whole world, just piss off one country" is a bad
> > solution, if there is no need to piss off anyone at all.
>
> +1
> I see your point, but WOW, that seems like a lot of extra STUFF to
> maintain - and we don't have a good track record with maintenance (see
> the wiki... :P). You don't need it. Use this, which is exactly as
> *already documented in the wiki*:
>
> UC1: oneway=yes; cycleway=opposite
> UC2: oneway=yes

You just pissed off Noppia. You just told them that every single oneway
street has to be explicitly marked "cycleway=opposite". The citizens of
Noppia resent this, and most of them refuse to put it in. "After all", they
reason, "everyone knows that you can ride the wrong way up any oneway
street".

And you reply...?

Steve