[OSM-talk] connection between 2 islands

Martin Fossdal Guttesen mguttesen at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 21:09:10 GMT 2009

I would agree that it is more like a Causeway jugding from the wikipedia article and images, but i cant find any tag for that, and i dont think it would render on the map

from http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:embankment
"A raised bank to carry a road, railway, or canal across a low-lying or wet area. "

it is defently not low-laying but it is the sea so ofcource it is wet
i would more categorise it as a broad body of water according to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_of_water

here is another picture of the other one
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/6705198

the text under the picture says it is a dam, but it defently is not