[OSM-talk] Flickr Now Supports OSM Tags

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 06:28:57 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 30 Sep 2009, at 20:46 , Russ Nelson wrote:
> > No, he is a leader because we respect him.  THAT is how leaders in
> > an anarchic state arise.
> >

> yes he is a leader and as such deserves respect. he should lead some
> useful and intelligent projects and don't loose a word about this
> childish 1/0/yes/no/true/false discussions.
> a consumer of the data has to do a bit more work but this is a small
> fee for free access to an amazing database.

The discussion is only childish if the tone of the discussion is childish.
But if people discuss this issue in a good manner, then it isn't childish.

If we can remove that small fee, why not do it?

What's so hard about standardizing on the boolean values given appropriate
changes to editor presets, good wiki documentation, and a deprecation period
for other boolean values?