[OSM-talk] Clarifying and representing road markings at junctions

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 11:05:01 BST 2009

Picking up Ray's point that observing the back of the giveway sign is a
rather indirect way of saying "follow the road round to the right", the
simplest/clearest is probably a relation on the through route linking the
ways before/after the junction, saying "this is the priority route through
the junction". Maybe simply a type=priority relation, with no roles? I'd
probably use this as well as marking the giveways on the junction arms
(giveway=forward/backward on a node seems to express it succinctly; who
knows if it'll catch on).

But mebbe I should also file a Potlatch trac ticket that allows you to paste
a single tag/relation from memory. I don't need to be pasting a set of 20
relations on a way that already has 19 of them.

Richard