[OSM-talk] Flickr Now Supports OSM Tags

Jonathan Bennett openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
Thu Oct 1 16:04:31 BST 2009

Russ Nelson wrote:
> On the other side you have mappers who want to create useful data, not
> a pile of random rubbish.

No-one wants to create random rubbish. What people do want is to be able
to describe what they've just mapped without needing prior approval from
the OpenStreetMap Tagging Standardisation Committee.

> So there is no purpose to the JOSM validator?  No purpose to
> keepright?  No purpose to having presets?  I think you're exxagerating
> too make a point, Fredrick.

They're just tools. They can only give you information, not make
decisions for you. They can also be wrong sometimes.

--
Jonathan (Jonobennett)