[OSM-talk] Using osm2pgsql can I import into postgres in a projection other than Spherical Mercator (epsg:900913) like wgs84 (epsg:4326)

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 22:52:27 BST 2009

Hi,

Your documentation states for using osm2pqsql (listed below) :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Before you can use osm2pqsql for the first time with the Spherical Mercator
projection (see below), you need to initialize configuration data for this
projection. Do this by running the .sql file included with osm2pqsql: *

*[Syntax on Windows]
$ psql -d gis -f c:\osm2pgsql\900913.sql
*

Using osm2pgsql can I import into postgres in a projection other than
Spherical Mercator (epsg:900913) like wgs84 (epsg:4326)?

Thanks,

John

--
John J. Mitchell