[OSM-talk] SteveC should decide

Markus Lindholm markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 11:56:15 BST 2009

2009/10/2 Jonathan Bennett <openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk>:
> Markus Lindholm wrote:
>> Isn't it time that the governing board establishes a tagging council
>> of some sort
>
> See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:What_Wikipedia_is_not#Wikipedia_is_not_a_bureaucracy
> for what Another Plaice thinks of that idea.

There's also the link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:What_Wikipedia_is_not#Wikipedia_is_not_an_anarchy

Now seriously, Wikipedia and OSM have much in common but are also very
different on many levels. Wikipedia have an Arbitration Committee that
exercises definite power over wikipedians, I hope OSM won't ever need
that. But I do think that OSM would need some sort of recognized
entity that would maintain an official set of keys and values. After
all the namespace we have for keys are finite.

/Markus