[OSM-talk] Fix broken import via script - discussion

Ruben Wisniewski ruben at all-in-si.de
Fri Oct 2 12:39:44 BST 2009

The user alex-map[1] did an import of data (without any comment in
changeset or tags). I asked him were the data came from, end else if he
would mind fixing them.

The data has the following issues:

A four side building got currently 5 points with two on the same
location and the way is unclosed.[2]

Tagging:

LEVELS = 2.00
building = yes
name = Building

on every building.

So on the one hand I doesn't think that every building has got 2 levels
on the other hand the name isn't rightly set there. I asked him if he
mind changing them according to proposials of the wiki to the following:

according to proposial[3]:

(if the floating point value is an integer)
LEVELS=2.00 => building:levels=2

name=Building => building:use=residential
The building is not named "Building" so this value isn't right here.

to explain that this is imported data and is not reviewed till now add:
reviewed=no
if the licence say CC-By-Sa you have to add a author:
source=geo-spatial.org

Regards,

Ruben

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/alex-map