[OSM-talk] SteveC should decide

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Sat Oct 3 03:30:50 BST 2009

On 02/10/2009, at 7:12 PM, Nigel Magnay wrote:
> That's fine, so long as the tags themselves are namespaced. Otherwise,
> just as now, the semantics get confused.
>
> I.E, It should be the case that if I tag as
>
> FredericRamm:interesting=true

Going this route is really just reinventing XML, without the
advantages of actually being XML (e.g. tooling, schemas). For example:
   <node id="123" ... >
     <tag k="FredericRamm:interesting" v="true"/>
   </node>

versus:
   <node id="123" ... xmlns:f="http://osm.org/users/FredericRamm">
     <f:interesting>true</f:interesting>
   </node>

Not that I'm saying we should go that route, but if we want to start
namespacing everything, we might as well do it properly.