[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - boolean values

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 09:18:35 BST 2009

2009/10/3 James Livingston <doctau at mac.com>:
> On 03/10/2009, at 5:02 PM, Konrad Skeri wrote:
>> Time to end this debate
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/boolean_values
>

> Oh, and this:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/VotingOnTheWikiIsStupid

Not that I'm disagreeing, but simply saying something is a bad idea
and there is no point to it isn't very useful.

Instead we should be striving for something that is a good idea to
replace it with, at this stage the only 3 options are:

* do what ever you like
* benevolent dictator
* committee

The first is going to cause problems later on due to ideologically differences.

The second is the best option in theory, but not always the best
option in practise.

The third is generally the best option in practise most of the time,
it should comprise of no more than 10 people, preferably 5 since the
more people involved the less people are going to come to a consensus.