[OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - boolean values

Konrad Skeri konrad at skeri.com
Sun Oct 4 07:35:45 BST 2009

Did you read all I wrote? What do you think I mean with "If we want to
specify the type you are of course welcome to do that, e.g.
bridge=viaduct or electrified=contact_line" and "These are only
examples where yes|no could be used. Other descriptive values are
still valid, e.g. bridge=viaduct or electrified=contact_line"?

We should replace a quantilbillion of different boolean values with yes|no.
Instead of bridge=ja, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=japp, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=da, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=jepp, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=jupp, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=oui, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=sant, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=riktigt, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=recht, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=korrekt, use bridge=yes
Instead of bridge=påhederochsamvete, use bridge=yes

But if it is an viaduct and you want to specify it, then use bridge=viaduct.

I _nowhere_ wrote that bridge should only accept boolean values, but
if we mean to input a boolean value, we should have ONE boolean value.

cheers,
Konrad