[OSM-talk] EGNOS

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Oct 5 18:47:03 BST 2009

Hi,

bernhard wrote:
> EGNOS delivers a correction Signal.
> It's possible to receive it in realtime from a satellite or download
> using FTP.

True, but I don't think the correction signal is something like "add
.00000182 to longitude and subtract .00000012 from latitude". It is
rather "correct timing from satellite #12 by factor 0.99991 and correct
timing from satellite #04 by 1.00002" or so; corrections that have to be
applied well before the device spits out a lat/lon value.

The website you quoted does say something about applying corrections at
the "post processing" stage but unless someone more knowledgeable than
myself says otherwise, I'll assume that in GPS receiver terms, "post
processing" still means pre-lat-lon-output.

Bye
Frederik