[OSM-talk] SteveC should decide

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 05:37:55 BST 2009

2009/10/6 Gervase Markham <gerv-gmane at gerv.net>:
> On 05/10/09 11:04, Dave Stubbs wrote:
>> As the person whose first came up with a no-names map for London
>> (well, actually it was a named map of London, turned into a nonames
>> map on SteveC's suggestion), I have an *official leadership
>> announcement* to make:
>>
>> There shall be no tagging of unnamed roads. It is not important. They
>> show up on the no-names map -- big deal -- its a mapping aid not a
>> holy grail of "there shall be no highlighted roads". Just deal with
>> it.
>
> So why did you make the noname map in the first place, if it's not
> important? Have you changed your mind about its usefulness?

It sounds like he made it to see which roads needed surveying to
acquire their name, however I'm still confused why people use
noname=yes when the street does have a name but not a street sign, as
I posted before there is actually a few streets near here on the golf
course which really aren't named, the buildings a just unit numbers.

Anything without a street sign should be reported to someone in local
government, they may not be aware that their sign has been
damaged/destroyed, and to ask them for the name, there is 2 streets
with vandalised signs I keep meaning to annoy council about here.